Are You Planning to Sell a Home in Seattle
In This Post
What happens in Seattle when the Seller meets the Broker?
Some people have been in their homes for 30 years or more. The practice of real estate was way different back then. And many current owners are first time buyers and have never sold a house. If you call me to help you out, here's what you can expect to happen durring my first visit at your home.
Most First Visit appointments are initiated by the Seller. The Seller decides, or is in the process of deciding if they want to sell their home or not. They might then call one or more real estate firms, or brokers they know of from the past, or from broker advertising, or have found online, or through friends. The first request is usually, "Can you come look at my house and tell me what it's worth and what I have to do to sell it?" The appointment is set and the broker makes an appearance. I don't know too much about what other brokers do, but I'd like to let you know what I do, and why I do it.
- I'd like for you to show me your home and while you're showing me, I'd like you to tell me you favorite things about the home.
- I'll make notes about what you're telling me as well as what I think you will need to do to make the house more salable.
- I'd like to sit down with you and discuss why you are selling at this time. Knowing this will help me structure a sale process that is more likely to meet with your needs and expectations.
- I will probably want to take a few pictures. These are not pictures for advertising but for me to study some angles and lighting for when the professional photographer comes.
- I may want to walk through the house again and I will also want to look around outside to help me determine for sure what the most important things are for you to do before putting the house on the market.
- I will ask you if you have any questions about the process of selling.
- I will want you to tell me what you were looking for when you were searching for a home and what you found when you found this one. Perhaps the buyer of it now will be looking for the same things you were looking for, and I want to highlight those things in the advertising.
- We will set an appointment for my next visit when I return with suggestions on how to prepare the house and also with my estimate of the best price to market it at and why.